We offer a wide range of basic and advanced modules in the field of intercultural management and intercultural communication. Find out about our courses and other topics related to your studies, e.g. Learning Agreements, evaluations and theses.
Our research activities focus on a variety of interculturally relevant issues, in particular, development and negotiation processes through intercultural interaction. Our focus is on culture-comparative and constructive intercultural management, extended organisational research from a cultural and socio-scientific perspective as well as individual aspects of migration research.
The team members around Professor Barmeyer are your first points of contact. Find out the contact details, office hours and research topics of the individual staff members.
About the Chair
We pursue an interdisciplinary approach in research and teaching with the goal of developing systemic, contextualised intercultural competence. The objective of the Chair’s research and teaching activities is to explore culture on three levels and to raise awareness of the interdependencies between the levels: 1. at the institutional-cultural macro level, 2. at the organisational meso level and 3. at the individual micro level. The Chair’s main areas of focus include:
- Intercultural work and organisation research
- Constructive intercultural management
- Intercultural competence development
- Intercultural organisational transfer processes
- Intercultural organisational learning
- Intercultural human resource management & global mobility
- Migration & social identity (in organisations)
- Economic models and institutional analyses
- Creativity, innovation and diversity (in organisations and cities)
The country focus in research and teaching is: Europe, especially France, Canada/Québec, Latin America, especially Mexico and Brazil.
- Important information about theses and submission of seminar papers
- Current dates and advertised internships
- The project seminar 'Interkulturalität im Kontext der Fluchtmigration' allows qualification for a 'Project Certificate' for MA KuWi/ICBS
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH
Secretary: Alexandra Winterkorn
Office hours: Tue 8 am – 1 pm and Wed 1 pm – 5 pm
Telephone: +49 851 509 2921
Office hours and contact details
Current office hours and contact details of the Chair team
The office hours of Prof. Dr. Barmeyer will take place every Tuesday from 5:00 - 6:00 pm. You can choose an appointment and timeslot yourself via Stud.IP.
Candidates whose final dissertations are supervised by Professor Barmeyer should contact him directly.