All our Bachelor's and Master's programmes have been accredited or re-accredited by accreditation agency ACQUIN, with the exception of the degree programmes introduced after summer semester 2015, which will undergo accreditation at a later date. If you have any questions about accreditation you wish to ask us, please contact the Dean's Office or Professor Andreas Michler, the Accreditation Officer of the faculty.
The Bachelor's degree is a first university degree that qualifies you for entry-level positions in business and industry, as well as for postgraduate study.
Master's programmes allow students to specialise further within their academic discipline. They are often prerequisites for doctoral study. To embark on a Master's programme you need to have a Bachelor's degree or an equivalent qualification. Master's programme usually run for a period of four semesters.
|General programme information||Accrediting agency|
|Profile: M.A. Charity Studies and Values-based Management||ACQUIN|
|Profile: M.A. Development Studies|
|Profile: M.A. European Studies||ACQUIN|
|Profile: M.A. Geography: Culture, Environment and Tourism||ACQUIN|
|Profile: M.A. History||ACQUIN|
|Profile: M.A. Governance and Public Policy||ACQUIN|
|Profile: M.A. International Cultural and Business Studies||ACQUIN|
|Profile: M.Ed. Teaching and Learning Processes||ACQUIN|
|Profile: M.A. Media and Communication||ACQUIN|
|Profile: M.A. North and Latin American Studies (MANoLAS)||ACQUIN|
|Profile: M.A. Russian and East Central European Studies||ACQUIN|
|Profile: M.A. Semiotics of Texts and Culture||ACQUIN|
The Faculty of Arts and Humanities offers you the following double degree options in co-operation with universities abroad:
- European Studies: Máster en Estudios Ingleses y Comunicación Multilingüe e Intercultural (Passau - Málaga)
- International Cultural and Business Studies (ICBS): Licenciatura en Gerenciamiento Económico Intercultural (LiGEI) (Passau - Buenos Aires)
- International Cultural and Business Studies (ICBS) – Langues Étrangères Appliquées (LEA) (Passau - Aix en Provence)
- International Cultural and Business Studies (ICBS): B.A. with Honours in International Management and Intercultural Studies (BA Hons. Passau and Stirling (UK)
- International Cultural and Business Studies (ICBS) and the Turkish-German University, Istanbul: Master of Arts (M.A.) in Intercultural Management (Passau - Istanbul)
State examinations are examinations centrally set by the state. The University does not set these examinations but only provides the education up to the state examination. At the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, the long-cycle teacher education programmes conclude with a state examination. Please note that this does not include the Bachelor and Master of Education programmes, which are short-cycle programmes. The standard duration of study for the long-cycle programmes is seven or nine semesters (see above).